We are not a typical gym – you aren’t going to walk in, swipe your little ID card, and proceed to a treadmill or weight machine. Why? Well, we don’t issue ID cards. We don’t have treadmills. And we certainly don’t have weight machines.
Please remember, you get a lot when you sign up here. You also lose a lot of what you would normally find in a “Globo Gym”:
- You will receive attentive, qualified, enthusiastic coaching every time you workout with us.
- You will receive encouragement and support from both your coaches and your fellow members.
- You will learn and develop new skills, you will get stronger, build endurance, feel more confident, you will increase your current fitness level.
- You will have fun working out.
- You will sweat.
- You will be part of a distinct community, dedicated to improving themselves, each other and the community around them.
- You will be able to measure your progress. You will literally see your results as you record your achievements.
- You will not hear cell phones, televisions, negative comments, complaining, excuses.
- You will not get bored by the same old routine.
- You will not be anonymous. Group size remains adequate to ensure quality instruction and interaction for everyone.
We develop you physically, emotionally, and mentally. A certain mindset is promoted here and it is this mindset that seperates a CrossFitter from someone who goes to a “globo-gym”.
The CrossFit Mindset
- I will promise to do my best. My best will vary from day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute. But in that minute, I will do the very best I can.
- If I can run, I run. If I can walk, I walk. If I must crawl, I crawl. And when I make it, I will rest. And live to fight another day.
- I fear no man, but I fear my workout. If I don’t fear my workout, it isn’t hard enough.
- I may puke. I may cry. But I will not quit. Ever.
- I will not cheat. There is no honor in cheating. I will call out cheaters if I see them, as they have no place in my gym.
Jason Kelly is a Level 1 trainer who believes in perfecting the fundamentals of CrossFit in order to maintain safety and achieve maximum results. Having been around high level competitive sports his entire life, he knows personally what good fundamentals and hard work can do to help people achieve their goals. Jason loves cheese and fine wine immediately after WODs and believes hairy arms and chest will make anyone faster.
Jake has been with CrossFit Broadway since the beginning. He played Division 1 college football, was a College All American Rugby player, and a current Denver Barbarian at the USA Rugby Super League. He has trained in all sorts of disciplines and after CrossFit, there is not going back. He enjoys back country skiing, jumping off things, and full, thick mustaches. Jake is excited for your future at CrossFit Broadway!
Juli has been CrossFitting for over a year now and is Level 1 and Mobility certified. She recently competed in the Southwest Regionals where she finished 11th overall. She runs a paleo food blog called PaleOMG where she spills her life stories, admits her compulsive addictions for almond butter, and explains her elusive search for Mr. Right. If you need a dance party before your WOD, ask Juli, she’ll put on the right tunes.